Spelinspektionen reports decline in advertising spend

Spelinspektionen reports decline in advertising spend

Added:
Spelinspektionen reports decline in advertising spend

The Spelinspektionen has recently reported a decrease in gambling advertising spending in 2022.

The report mainly covered “traditional” advertising channels such as television, public banners, and radio, although it did also include certain digital advertisements as well, excluding social media and video promotions.

It showed that Swedish gambling companies spent around 3.4 billion kronor on advertisements in the aforementioned verticals in 2022, which is a 15% decline from the industry’s traditional marketing spending of 4 billion kronor in the year prior.

Furthermore, the latest yearly figure also set an all-time low for advertising spending since 2016 and was less than half of the gambling industry’s marketing spend record of 7.3 billion kronor, which was recorded back in 2018.

The authority also reported that broken down by the country’s various gambling types, casino operators spent the most on advertising at around 30% of the market’s total. Sports wagering excluding betting on horses was up next at 28%, while wagering on horses was at 12%, making for a total promotional spending share of 40% for betting companies.

Lotteries were up next, spending 26% of the total recorded figure on advertisements, while bingo operators made up the smallest portion of the total at just 4%.

  • Boomerang Partners to attend top events in Dubai Boomerang Partners to attend top events in Dubai
  • KSA fights against illegal gambling affiliates KSA fights against illegal gambling affiliates