EdenBase reveals its first ever investment competition
The groundbreaking ecosystem EdenBase, which was founded by AIBC keynoters Eric van der Kleij and Daniel Doll-Steinberg, has recently launched its first investment competition. The competition looks to recognize optimistic-looking startups for investment purposes from the EdenBase fund, and to join and profit from its metamorphic community within London.
Preferably, they are searching for companies whose primary technology is not yet based on frontier technologies such as AI, Machine Learning, Blockchain, AR/VR, 5G etc. and who believe they are able to become super-performers by investing in and utilizing such technologies. More information is available on their website for those interested.
EdenBase will most likely have to fast-track companies with anti-COVID solutions for travel (such as commuting) and places (such as offices, meeting rooms, care homes, restaurants, cinemas, schools, stadiums, etc…)
Companies that at least already have a beta product or service and some customer validation, and whose primary technology is not yet based on frontier technologies, but where their prospects or performance could greatly improve by utilizing them should apply on f6s.
All the semi-finalists will be invited to EdenBase’s 2-day bootcamp at the EdenBase Hub in London for much more detailed meetings and presentations with the EdenBase team along with their judges. At the end of the 2-day bootcamp, the 10 finalists will be chosen; and the two winners will be announced by the end of March 2021.
The judges of the competition are:
- Bill Tai, Catalytic seed investor in Canva and Zoom where he was 1st backer to commit.
- Lisa Andrews, Co-CEO Singularity University Australia.
- Gokce Gizer, former Director of the Extreme Tech Challenge with Sir Richard
- Anish Mohammed, an early advisor to Ripple, Adjoint, Ocean Protocol, Arteria,
Devv, and a founding member of the UK Digital Currency Association.
- Marta Piekarska-Geater, Director of Ecosystems at Hyperledger.
- Barrie Heptonstall, serial seed investor in over 60 tech startups, and 30 years at
a global technology company.
- Carolina Casas Forga, Blockchain Research Institute International partner and
cofounder, with Bill Tai, of Sangha Capital.
- Charles Seely, early stage investor in 60+ companies in Silicon Valley including
several unicorns from seed, series a and series b.
- James Bowater, creator and editor of CityAM’s CryptoAM.
- Hanna Leach, Partner, Houghton St Ventures and Advisory Board Member, LSE Generate, the home for entrepreneurship at LSE; and Venture Capital advisor.
As a reward, all finalists will be receiving a package of benefits, prizes, and a large range of perks from EdenBase’s partners and sponsors. The two winners will each be getting £145K worth of investment (for equity to be agreed) , and up to £105K worth of desks and tech transformation services for a total of up to £250K.